Associate Director of Student Life
- Carlisle, PA
At CPYB, students are at the heart of what we do. If you are a passionate and strategic leader, experienced in student residential programs, look no further!
Join the Student Affairs team at Central Pennsylvania Youth Ballet as Associate Director of Student Life and expand our mission through the planning and management of CPYB’s Summer Residence Life Program. You’ll work with a strong team of dedicated professionals who believe that the work we do really matters.
The Associate Director of Student Life builds, manages, and consistently evaluates a comprehensive residential program for the Summer Ballet Program while supporting the Student Affairs department in the matters of policy, communication, staffing, wellness, and overall administrative tasks. This position is responsible to maintain and grow a highly effective residential program, manage and coordinate needs associated with student life during the program, and is responsible for providing leadership to and collaborating with CPYB staff and contracted vendor support team.
- Apply student development theory to support the retention and engagement efforts of CPYB Programs to include Student Affairs and Operations with a priority focus on the Summer Residence Life Program.
- Direct aspects of the residential program to include:
- Student Life
- Staff Hiring, Training, Development and Supervision
- Dining/Dietary Planning
- Arrival Day and Field Trip Planning
- Provide high level of student care and crisis response.
- Oversee student life integration and disciplinary needs in conjunction with CPYB leadership for serious situations affecting student safety or health.
- Participate in the overall planning and management of the residence hall system, including projection of dorm space needs based on anticipated enrollment.
- Review, maintain and enforce Residence Life Staff Handbook and related sections of Summer Program Student Handbook; write and revise policies related as needed.
- Manage fiscal operations associated with the Summer Residence Life Program.
- Serve as member of the administrator on-duty team and on-site staff throughout the duration of the summer program (if personal living accommodations are not in close proximity to Residence Halls).
- Be visible, available, and approachable for staff/students/vendors through various engagement strategies including implementation of regular office hours.
- Oversee residence life staff travel logistics.
- Bachelor’s degree in higher education or related field is required. Graduate degree preferred.
- Supervisory experience building and managing a comprehensive residential program.
- History of progressive leadership in work setting involving youth, student affairs, dormitory/residential life, student life, etc.
- Ability to handle and resolve crisis management situations.
- Demonstrated leadership experience with strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility to accommodate work schedule to meet the needs of the program.
Central Pennsylvania Youth Ballet was founded on the vision of changing lives through dance. Apply today for the Associate Director of Student Life position and you may just find your life being changed, too.
Submit completed application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org