Resident Advisor: 5-Week Summer Ballet Program
- Carlisle, PA
As part of the 5-Week Summer Ballet Program residence life staff you will hone your leadership skills while being a mentor, a counselor, a cheerleader and a friend. Apply today for CPYB's summer residence life team. Live on the campus of Dickinson College and work with students and staffers from across the country and around the world!
Resident advisors must arrive Sunday, June 17, and depart Monday, July 30.
$1,800 + room and board
Ability to take free ballet classes during the 5WSBP
Apply today! Residential staff positions are limited.
NOTE: You must be at least 18 years of age by June 17, 2018.
To save employment application to your computer:
- Click on link above
- Click "Ctrl" + "s"
- Name file and save
All applications must include the following:
Recommendation form (sent separately by recommender)
Submit completed application and supporting materials to:
Candidates who submit full application by January 15 will be notified by February 1 if considered for an interview.
Resident Advisor | 5-Week Summer Ballet Program
Central Pennsylvania Youth Ballet is a celebrated leader in the world of classical ballet. Established in 1955 by Founding Artistic Director Marcia Dale Weary, today CPYB is the nation’s preeminent school of classical ballet with an international reputation for training young men and women.
CPYB seeks a Resident Advisor (RA). The RA assists the Hall Director (HD) with the supervision and operation of a residence hall and related programs for students attending the School’s 5-Week Summer Ballet Program. The RA is responsible to the HD, the Summer Residence Director (RD) and Central Pennsylvania Youth Ballet’s CEO. The RA supports and enforces Summer Ballet Program and Dickinson College rules and policies and reports serious infractions to the appropriate HD. The RA cooperates with other Summer Ballet Program staff to provide the best possible residence life experience for students living on the Dickinson College campus.
As Resident Advisor, you will have the opportunity to play a critical role in CPYB’s 5-Week Summer Ballet Program. Duties include the following:
- Directly supervise a floor of approximately 15 residents, providing care, guidance and support to the residents on a daily and as-needed basis
- Provide supervision and care to all residential students in need
- Assess residents’ health and well-being on a daily basis and address concerns appropriately
- Maintain awareness of assigned residents’ eating habits, general nutrition, confidential special needs, and class attendance
- Actively engage all residents in conversation, with special attention paid to those who may be shy, introverted, or otherwise feel marginalized
- Interact with all floor members daily and provide opportunities for further interactions and discussions
- Maintain professionalism and a sense of calm when addressing situations or speaking to parents and students
Residence Hall Operations
- Attend and participate in staff training the week prior to the program start date
- Provide Hall Director with desk shift scheduling requests for the coming week
- Manage residence hall’s front desk when assigned
- Inspect rooms for cleanliness and damages every Sunday
- Submit requests for maintenance and follow up on requests
- Assist with implementing student check-in/-out procedures
- Transport students in program vehicles as necessary
- See that students who are ill receive medical care and are resting in their rooms only
- Inform the Hall Director of all safety, security, maintenance, damage and personnel problems
- Keep accurate and detailed student records
- Participate in every staff meeting
- Meet individually with the Hall Director at least once per week
- Check email for staff updates several times each day
- Sort and distribute mail and parcels to residents by 5 p.m. each day
- Serve as the mail duty RA once or twice
- Serve as the RA-on-call a few times throughout the program, aiding others as needed
- General administrative tasks
- Actively and enthusiastically participate in activities and encourage residents to do so as well
- Plan at least five activities for assigned residents, with at least two activities being collaborative
- Serve on specific planning committee(s) to plan, advertise, and implement all-hall and/or campus-wide activities