- Carlisle, PA
Looking for a career in costuming and wardrobe? Check out this opportunity!
“Nothing great is ever achieved alone”
At Central Pennsylvania Youth Ballet, we are changing lives through dance. But change doesn’t happen in a vacuum; it’s a team effort.
Join our team as Seamstress and grow our mission through the building, altering and repairing of costumes for our talented dancers; they can't take the stage without the best and brightest costumes!
As a Seamstress at CPYB, you’ll work with a hard-working, strong team dedicated to the advancement and continuation of CPYB’s mission to inspire, educate and enrich lives in Carlisle and beyond.
Our students have a great story to tell; one of success, hardship and victory. Will you be part of their story?
The Costume Shop and Wardrobe Seamstress works closely with the students, artistic and production staff, guest choreographers and répétiteurs to ensure readiness of costumes for CPYB productions and assists the wardrobe department to meet other goals as outlined by management.
- Performs alterations, repairs, building and sewing of new and existing costumes.
- Ensure the readiness of all costumes for all home and tour production and educational programs including load-out and load-in.
- Ensure the proper labeling, hanging, cleaning and storage of costumes and wardrobe pieces.
- Assist in design of new builds of costumes.
- Assist Costume Shop and Wardrobe Manager in maintaining an accurate inventory of costumes and wardrobe pieces.
- Ability to sew efficiently, machine and hand
- Experience with pattern making and alterations
- Ability to work independently and collaborate and accomplish tasks as part of a team.
- Ability to obtain appropriate security clearances to work with children to include the PA State Police Background Check, PA Child Abuse History Certification and the FBI Criminal Background Check required
- Travel & transportation between office locations, off-site meetings, productions, etc. is required
- Availability to work weekends and evenings in support of productions and special events.
Submit completed application and resume to email@example.com