Summer Support Representative
- Carlisle, PA
CPYB seeks Summer Support Representatives for the 2018 5-Week Summer Ballet Program.
Summer support representatives are an integral part of the summer residence life team, working directly with students and supporting the residence life staff. Responsibilities include direct supervision of students and guests in the residence hall lobbies, hall operations and general administrative tasks.
Schedule: Beginning June 25, summer support staff work a consistent schedule of 7:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m., Monday-Friday, plus Saturday, June 23, and Saturday, July 28. There are opportunities for additional hours on Sundays. Summer support staff must be available to train during daytime hours the week of June 18. Exact training week schedule TBD.
To save employment application to your computer:
- Click on link above
- Click "Ctrl" + "s"
- Name file and save
Submit completed application and resume by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summer Support Representative | 5-Week Summer Ballet Program
Central Pennsylvania Youth Ballet (CPYB) is a celebrated leader in the world of classical ballet. Established in 1955 by Founding Artistic Director Marcia Dale Weary, today CPYB is the internationally recognized school of classical ballet with an international reputation for training young men and women.
The Summer Support Representative (SSR) assists the Residence Life team with the supervision and operation of a residence hall and related programs for students attending the School’s 5-Week Summer Ballet Program. The SSR is responsible to the Summer Residence Life Director and senior residence staff. The SSR must be a strong communicator who represents CPYB by answering the residence hall main phone line professionally and effectively. In addition, the SSR is expected to provide a high level of in-person customer service. The SSR supports and enforces Summer Ballet Program and Dickinson College rules and policies. The SSR works with all with Summer Ballet Program staff to provide the best possible residence experience for students living on the Dickinson College campus.
- Submit required clearances to CPYB
- Review the RA Handbook and CPYB Student Handbook
General Program Responsibilities
- Supervise students and guests in the residence hall lobby
- Enforce the CPYB buddy system and dress code
- Inform resident’s RA and the administrative office of absences
- Actively engage all residents in conversation, with special attention paid to those who may be shy or in need of support
- Maintain professionalism and a sense of calm when addressing situations or speaking to parents and students
Residence Hall Operations
- Answer all calls made to the front desk of the residence hall
- Sign guests in and out, verifying ID of non-student guests
- Contact the CPYB office daily to report the names of students who will be absent from class
- Communicate serious issues to senior staff (Hall Director/Senior Resident Assistant), including safety, security, maintenance, damage and personnel problems
- Handle all lock outs by contacting the RA-on-call and lending him/her the master key
- Ensure that students who are ill receive every meal and remain in their rooms
- Communicate with the nurse about residents' appointments and medical needs
- Organize and maintain the front desk and filing cabinets
- Other duties as assigned by senior staff or RD
- Assist RAs with requested tasks, as time permits
General Administrative Tasks
- Attend and participate in staff training the week prior to the program start date
- Assure that the front desk is attended at all times
- Act as a liaison between students and other staff members
- Forward any questions/concerns to appropriate senior residence staff