Have Questions? We Have Answers.
Where can I purchase tickets?
Tickets for Whitaker Center Performances
Please call 717.214.ARTS (2787) or go online.
Tickets for Hershey Theatre Performances
Please call 717.534.3405 or go online.
Please note: If you want the ultimate protection, purchase your tickets from a primary agent. Ticketmaster is the only third-party ticket agent authorized by Whitaker Center and Hershey Theatre to sell tickets for Central Pennsylvania Youth Ballet performances. If you purchase tickets from an unauthorized source, you may be charged excessive markups or fees, or the tickets may be counterfeit or unusable and we will not be able to help resolve your problem.
Are tickets refundable?
We regret that no refunds or exchanges can be made. All sales are final.
How old should my child be to attend the ballet?
You and your child will best enjoy your ballet experience if your child is able to sit quietly for an hour without a snack or a bathroom break. It is also important to consider the work being performed, as some works will more easily capture and keep a child’s attention.
Who needs a ticket?
All persons, infants through adults, are required to have a ticket to enter the theatre.
What should I wear to a ballet performance?
Many patrons dress casually, while others prefer dressier attire. Many children enjoy dressing up for this special occasion. Most importantly, CPYB wants you to be comfortable as you enjoy the wonder of ballet.
What if the weather is bad?
The show must go on. Performances will not be cancelled for any reason. All ticket sales are final. No exchanges or refunds.
When should I arrive?
Please plan enough time to allow for unexpected traffic or parking delays, and to comfortably settle in your seat before the curtain rises. Patrons will not be seated after the lights have dimmed. Latecomers will be seated at breaks in the program at management’s discretion.
When does the box office open?
Typically, the box office opens at least one hour prior to the performance. For information about a specific date or performance, please call Whitaker Center at 717.214.ARTS (2787) or Hershey Theatre at 717.534.3405.
How can I get the most out of my theatre experience?
- Before the performance, familiarize yourself with the work being performed. Read the story or an online synopsis. This will enhance your experience and understanding of the story as it unfolds.
- Listen to the soundtrack before the performance. The classical music is a fundamental element of the ballet.
- Once the music begins, please remain quiet and let the music carry you into a magical experience.
- Save eating and drinking for before or after the performance, or during intermission.
- Do your best to not distract other patrons by talking or moving too much.
- Most importantly, sit back, relax and enjoy the beauty of the ballet.
Can I electronically record the performance?
No. Due to copyright laws, Central Pennsylvania Youth Ballet prohibits photography, audio recording or video recording of all rehearsals and/or performances.