Applications for our Two-Year Male Scholarship Program are now open.
The Choices you Make Define who you Become
As a male dancer, you need specific training and mentoring to achieve your dream. The Central Pennsylvania Youth Ballet Men’s Program is designed to launch male dancers into the world of professional ballet through a unique curriculum that combines comprehensive training with performance experience.
In the CPYB Men’s Program, you will:
- Establish a strong foundation through daily technique classes
- Focus on specific skills such as jumps, turns and presentation
- Learn the responsibilities of being a strong dance partner
- Develop upper body strength to withstand the rigors of physical performance
The CPYB Men’s Program also provides you the opportunity to:
- Learn from an internationally renowned faculty
- Be mentored by male dancers with experience and expertise
- Perform a broad spectrum of repertoires
- Challenge and be challenged by your peers
- Develop camaraderie with fellow dancers
Becoming a professional dancer is more than logging hours in the studio and performing on stage. CPYB's Men's Program is a program designed to help you prepare for and enrich your life as a dancer. CPYB faculty offers support on topics such as:
- Nutrition and wellness
- Injury prevention
- Résumé preparation
CPYB Men’s Program is part of the school’s Pre-Professional Division. CPYB has continually produced dancers for top dance companies around the world. What choice will you make?