At CPYB, you'll work hard. And we'll work even harder to develop your unique talents and meet your needs as a dancer.
Our Male Scholarship Program offers aspiring male dancers ages 14-19 the extraordinary opportunity to receive two years of year-round, uninterrupted ballet training with renowned instructors and mentors.
As a CPYB student, you'll experience:
- Technique classes, men's classes and partnering classes all taught by world-class faculty.
- Personalized strength training to make you a stronger dancer and partner.
- On-stage performance opportunities in professional productions like George Balanchine's The Nutcracker®, Western Symphony and Who Care's? and Alan Hineline's Romeo and Juliet, A Midsummer Night's Dream, and The Sleeping Beauty among others.
- Mentorship by successful, former professional dancers.
- The camaraderie of more than 40 male dancers.
- Training focused on YOU.
Interested students are encouraged to schedule a visit to CPYB where they have the unique opportunity to immerse themselves into the CPYB culture, take class, and meet with Simon Ball, CPYB Men's Program Coordinator along with other CPYB staff and faculty. Schedule your visit to CPYB HERE.
What does the 2019-2021 Male Scholarship Program include?
- 2019-20 academic year tuition, including registration fee
- 2020 CPYB 5-Week Summer Ballet Program
- 2020 two-week August Course
- 2020-2021 academic year tuition, including registration fee
- Monthly housing stipend for 22 months
CPYB will provide up to four scholarships for the program that begins with the 2019-2021 academic year. An audition video is required. Scholarship recipients are required to complete age-appropriate work/study responsibilities.
What are the steps to apply?
Interested applicants must complete two steps to be considered for a scholarship:
Step 1: Review the Application and Audition Requirements. Then students should complete and submit the online Male Scholarship Program application. There is no application fee.
Step 2: Create a Scholarship Video Audition. Your video should be no more than 20 minutes in length. Please refer to the application and audition requirements above.
When is the application due?
Application deadline on Wednesday, May 15, 2019. Scholarships are to be awarded on or before Thursday, May 23, 2019.
Click HERE to be added to our mailing list!
Have questions? Click HERE for Male Scholarship Program and the Men's Program contact information.