Arrival Day: Saturday, June 23
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Registration at the HUB Social Hall
Families should plan their arrival based on the June Series performance time chosen in the Arrival Day Events form. Please see schedule below.
During this time you will receive:
- Registration packet (includes dorm information, June Series tickets, and more)
- Dorm key
- Please note that lost/stolen keys can cost $100 or more to replace. They should be carried with you at all times. Only dorm students may possess and use the keys. No friends or family (with the exception of move in and move out day) may use the keys at any time.
- CPYB lanyard (color-coded and must be worn at all times)
- Dining services meal card (if dorm student) and optional Declining Balance Account
- NOTE: All students are encouraged to take advantage of Dickinson's Declining Balance Account, which can be used for Dickinson Dining Services, at the bookstore, mail center and more. The Declining Balance Account can be set up through Dickinson in person on Arrival Day, or in advance beginning June 1.
CPYB merchandise will be available for purchase during registration.
The Dickinson College Bookstore will be open during this time. You can rent a microfridge from the Bookstore if you have not made arrangements in advance. NOTE: Students are not permitted to bring their own refrigerators or microwaves.
Students/families attending 1 p.m. June Series Performance:
12 p.m. Shuttle buses leave Drayer Hall for Whitaker Center in Harrisburg
1 p.m. to 3:15 p.m. June Series performance at the Whitaker Center
3:30 p.m. to 4 p.m. Orientation in the theatre
4 p.m. Shuttle buses leave Whitaker Center for Drayer Hall
Upon return to campus, parents and students will enjoy a meal together in the Dickinson Dining Hall.
Students/families attending 6 p.m. June Series Performance:
3:00 p.m. Parents and students will enjoy a meal together in the Dickinson Dining Hall.
4:15 p.m. Shuttle buses leave Drayer Hall for Whitaker Center in Harrisburg
5 p.m. Orientation in the theatre
6 p.m. to 8:15 p.m. June Series performance at the Whitaker Center in Harrisburg
8:15 p.m. Shuttle buses leave Whitaker Center for Drayer Hall
9:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. Dorm students: Dorm orientation meetings for each floor
Transportation to Whitaker Center
Complimentary shuttle bus service will depart from the front of Drayer Hall for Whitaker Center in Harrisburg twice during the day and will return back to Drayer Hall in Carlisle twice from Harrisburg. Reservations to ride the shuttles must be made in advance on the Arrival Day Events Form. All students and guests must adhere to their bus reservations. Those not submitting shuttle reservations by the deadline will be responsible for arranging their own transportation.
Directions from Dickinson College to Whitaker Center for Science and the Arts, Harrisburg
• Take High Street east past the square, staying to the left at the Hess gas station split
• Follow the signs to take I-81 North to Harrisburg
• Take I-81 North to PA-581 E via Exit 59 toward US-11/Camp Hill
• PA-581 E becomes I-83N
• Continue on I-83N to exit 43 toward Capital/2nd Street
• Turn slight left onto S 2nd Street
• Turn Right onto Market Street
• Go ½ block further and turn left onto Court St (this is an alley)
• At the end of the alley, after one stop sign, turn left into the Walnut Street Parking Garage
• Take the elevator to the Strawberry Square Arcade Level.
• Whitaker Center is straight ahead, to the left of the coffee shop.