Students may schedule private lessons in CPYB summer studios with CPYB Faculty, CPYB Permanent Guest Faculty and other visiting Guest Teachers. This does not include intern teachers or temporary teachers.
To schedule a private class, follow these instructions:
1. All private classes are arranged directly between the student and the teacher.
2. All instructors are responsible for scheduling the studio space and time for their private classes as well as obtaining a numbered private card from CPYB administrative staff.
3. The private lesson fee is negotiated with and paid directly to the faculty member.
4. The student and faculty member initial the private card denoting the private was taught.
5. The studio rental fee is charged to the family’s financial information in the Family Portal.
For CPYB Academic Year and Permanent Guest Faculty:
The lesson fee must be negotiated with and directly paid to the teacher and a $13 studio rental fee will be charged to the account information in your Family Portal once the class has been taken.
For CPYB Summer Faculty: The lesson fee must be negotiated with and directly paid to the teacher and a $16 studio rental fee will be charged to the account information in your Family Portal once the class has been taken.
1. Please note that CPYB’s 5-Week Summer Ballet Program is considered by CPYB’s artistic director to offer complete training. CPYB cannot subsidize the taking of private classes by granting scholarship aid to students who wish to take
private classes on a regular basis. It is recognized, however, that some students can benefit from occasional private instruction to focus on a particular need. Therefore, students who receive scholarship aid will be permitted to take two
one-hour private classes during the 5-Week Summer Ballet Program.
2. Private classes cannot conflict with regular classes at any time. Private class hours cannot be used as make-up hours for missed regular CPYB classes.
3. All other payments for any CPYB goods or services must be paid in full or the student will not be permitted to take private classes until the bill is paid.
4. All Private Cards expire on July 28, 2018.
All arrangements including transportation for private classes mustbe made by the student. Resident advisors are not responsiblefor transportation to private classes. Dorm directors and resident advisors must be notified of all private lessons.