1. All residence hall visitors must sign in with the CPYB residence staff member at the front desk.
2. All residents are to sign out when leaving the residence hall unless they are going directly to and from class or meals in the dining hall. Students also must sign in upon returning to their residence hall.
3. All students are expected to abide by the curfew of 9:30 p.m. Carlisle police enforce a 10 p.m. curfew for young people on the streets of Carlisle without an authorized adult. Parents must return students to the residence hall by room check. Special permission to be out later with parents can be granted when necessary by the hall director. A student who finds he or she will be late for curfew or who has a special problem while away from the residence hall should contact their RA, desk attendant, RA-on-duty, or hall director.
4. All students must be in their rooms from 9:30 p.m. to 9:45 p.m. for room check. No one should be in the laundry rooms after 10 p.m. or 11 p.m., depending on the residence hall. Showers must be taken and hand laundry done before 10 p.m. or 11 p.m., depending on the residence hall. All students must be in their own rooms with lights out at 10:15 p.m. or 11:15 p.m., depending on the residence hall. Lights out means lights out. No flashlights, no TV screens, phone calls, etc.
5. Basic quiet hours will be in effect from 10 p.m. or 11 p.m. to 7 a.m., depending on the residence hall.
6. Students are not to make or receive telephone calls between the hours of 10 p.m. or 11 p.m. and 7 a.m., depending on the residence hall. In case of an emergency, the student may be reached by calling the hall director or summer residence life director.
7. Written parental permission in advance to the hall director is required for any student who plans to leave for one or more nights. To avoid last minute confusion, permission must reach the hall director two days before they are to go into effect. In addition, students must follow required sign out procedures. There will be no exceptions to this rule.
Residence Hall Contact Information:
- Adams Front Desk 717.240.3216 | Adams Hall Director: email@example.com
- Drayer Front Desk 717.240.3024 | Drayer Hall Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mathews Front Desk 717. 240.3989 | Mathews Hall Director: email@example.com
- Todd Front Desk 717.240.8401 | Todd Hall Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Witwer Front Desk 717.254.8886 | Witwer Hall Director: email@example.com
A return email will be sent as confirmation.
8. Notification of a student’s Permission to Leave with a Parent or Visitor must be received by the hall director at least two (2) days in advance of the student’s departure from the residence hall.
9. Students may not exit the residence hall between 9:30 p.m. and 7 a.m.
10. Students are not to visit in private residences or other residence halls not associated with the CPYB 5-Week Summer Ballet Program unless previous arrangements are made with their hall director.
11. Visitation in student rooms will be regulated and students must observe this policy. Males and females are absolutely not permitted in rooms of the opposite sex at any time. (Exception: Male and female family members may help students move in or out on the first and last days of the Program.) No visitors are permitted in student rooms between the hours of 9:30 p.m. and 8 a.m. Only authorized visitors are permitted at other times. Only summer participants are permitted beyond the residence hall lobby (with the exception of arrival and departure day).
12. Only the designated entrance for a residence hall is to be used for entering and exiting. No doors are to be propped open for any reason. (All doors are alarmed.)
13. All residents will be issued keys to their rooms. They are expected to keep their rooms locked when they are not in the room. Students are responsible for replacing and paying for lost or stolen keys ($100 and up), and should report such loss immediately.
14. Students are to take good care of their rooms, the residence hall, and all furnishings. Rooms are to be kept clean at all times. The residence life staff will inspect all rooms for cleanliness on a weekly basis. Any damages should be reported immediately to the hall director. When decorating rooms, painter’s tape or other removable adhesive products must be used to prevent paint being pulled off the walls. (Damages other than those resulting from normal wear and tear will be billed to the student’s parents).
15. Any illness or injury must be reported immediately to the desk attendant. Any student who has not reported an illness or injury is expected to be in class. Those who fail to make up missed classes will be subject to disciplinary action.
16. Attendance is required at all meetings called by residence life staff members.
17. No student living on campus may operate a vehicle during the Program unless approval is granted by the summer residence life director.
18. Any student age 18 and over who chooses to live in the residence halls must agree to abide by all Program rules and policies.
19. CPYB and Dickinson reserve the right to enter occupied rooms without notice if they deem that such action is necessary for the protections, safety, health, or comfort of residents.
20. Residential students are financially responsible for property damage to Dickinson College premises during their time at the 5-Week Summer Ballet Program.
21. Students/guests are prohibited from bringing peanut butter (or any nut product) or any outside food into the Dickinson Dining Hall.
Any student breaking rules such as those concerning alcohol and drug use, unauthorized visiting, curfews, or any student causing excessive difficulties, or endangering the health, safety, or welfare of themselves or others will be asked to leave the Program immediately. The family will be contacted, and arrangements will be made to send the student home at the parents’ expense with forfeiture of all fees. Severity of consequences is contingent upon the magnitude of the situation up to and including dismissal from the Program. Discipline is at the discretion of the summer staff.
When a student is dismissed, the parent/custodial guardian will be notified. That notification is official and final. Parents/custodial guardians must remove their student from campus/CPYB studios within 24 hours of dismissal.