2018 August Course Online Handbook
Welcome to CPYB's August Course! This online handbook will provide you with information needed in order to prepare for your August Course experience. Please read all information carefully.
CPYB CONTACT INFORMATION
717.245.1190 | email@example.com
CPYB adminstrative offices are open Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. EST.
STUDIO HOURS & PARKING
CPYB Warehouse Studios will open at 1 p.m. on Sunday, August 5. Monday-Friday the studios will open no earlier than 8:30 a.m.
CPYB Barn Studios are closed during August Course.
Placement classes take place on Sunday, August 5, at CPYB Warehouse Studios. Plan to arrive 30 minutes prior to your scheduled placement class time to check in and warm up. Students must be in dress code (see below).
LEVEL AND SCHEDULE
Your level (determined at placement class) and schedule will be uploaded to your Family Portal account on the evening of Sunday, August 5.
- Black* leotard (traditional, conservative styles only – no embellishments, no criss cross straps or halters), pink tights with feet worn in shoes, pink or black shoes
- Hair neatly secured in bun or similar style; all bangs neatly pinned or sprayed back
- Underclothing, including bra straps, must not show
*Female students should be prepared to wear black leotards for the duration of August Course. Following placement, certain levels may be permitted to wear colors and will be notified at the beginning of the program.
- Black tights, white leotard or fitted shirt tucked in, black or white shoes with white socks (or black tights with feet worn in shoes)
- Black or tan dance belt
- Hair neatly combed back out of face and secured
- Must be clean shaven
IMPORTANT DRESS CODE NOTES:
- Eyeglasses may not be worn in class. To discuss options, please call 717.245.1195.
- No support bandages or support braces of any kind can be worn in class. To discuss options, please call 717.245.1195.
- Only natural-looking make-up and fingernail polish may be worn in class.
- No jewelry (except small earrings for females), leg warmers or extra clothing of any kind may be worn to class
- Holes that appear in dancewear must be mended immediately
- Visible tattoos and body piercings are not permitted while enrolled at CPYB
CPYB SCHOOL RULES
Please review CPYB's school rules by clicking HERE.
Students may schedule private lessons with directly with CPYB faculty during August Course.
To schedule a private class, follow these instructions:
- All private classes are arranged directly between the student and the teacher.
- All instructors are responsible for scheduling the studio space and time for their private classes as well as obtaining a numbered private card from CPYB administrative staff.
- The private lesson fee is negotiated with and paid directly to the faculty member.
- The student and faculty member initial the private card denoting the private was taught.
- The studio rental fee ($13-17) is charged to the family’s financial information in the Family Portal. The lesson fee must be negotiated with and directly paid to the teacher.
- Private classes cannot conflict with regular classes at any time. Private class hours cannot be used as make-up hours for missed regular CPYB classes.
- All Private Cards expire on August 17. All arrangements including transportation for private classes must be made by the student.
CPYB merchandise is available for sale during August Course from 10 AM - 2 PM on Friday, August 10 and Friday, August 17.