Health and Safety Guidelines
We have taken measures to create a plan toward reintroduction to studio life and eventual full opening of the school. It is of upmost importance that we take a cautious approach to the number of people allowed in the building at a time. We are actively monitoring the information that is continually coming out about COVID-19 to ensure that we stay fully compliant with all local and Federal mandates and guidelines.
CPYB faculty and staff understand the importance of following the protocols set in place. These protocols are designed to keep everyone healthy and safe in order that we may continue what we all love doing.
This is a living document. The guidelines can and will continue to evolve. These guidelines pertain to everyone who enters CPYB. Only by working together can we keep each other safe and keep the school open.
School Operational Standards
Students will be required to arrive wearing proper dress code and will not be permitted to change in the bathrooms.
Facial covering will be required to be worn by everyone when entering the building, and while inside. Cover your mouth and nose with mask and make sure there are no gaps between your face and mask. Students will need to bring an extra mask with them to class to use in the event their mask gets contaminated
Temperature checks will be conducted prior to the student’s entry into the building.
Students will be required to go directly to their studio upon admittance to the building. Students will place their street shoes and personal belongings outside the studio. Only items needed for class: shoes, water bottle, etc. should be brought to their barre spot in the studio.
Parents/Guardians will not be allowed into the building except by appointment only. The school office will offer alternative methods for visitation (e.g. Video conferencing.)
If a Student has Signs or Symptoms of COVID-19
- Students and staff must stay home if they are sick (e.g., experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 [fever, cough, or shortness of breath] A student, who is exhibiting either fever or symptoms of COVID-19 while at the property MUST immediately notify the school office.
- Students who appear to have acute respiratory illness symptoms (e.g., cough, shortness of breath) upon arrival to the building or who exhibit these symptoms during the day will be sent home immediately. Students also may be isolated and sent home (or for appropriate medical care) if suspected of having direct exposure to COVID-19.
- Students who are well but who have a sick family member at home with COVID-19 should notify the school office.
- If a student or staff member has had COVID-19, they will need a negative COVID test or clearance note from a doctor to return to the studios
- If a student has been placed under quarantine by their academic school due to possible exposure to COVID-19 or the student’s school has closed due to an outbreak of COVID-19, the student’s family must contact CPYB immediately.
Cleaning & Sanitation Protocol
- All equipment and meeting amenities will be disinfected before and after each day including barres, and stereo equipment.
- CDC guidelines will be used to clean and disinfect all public spaces including but not limited to front desk, offices spaces, door handles, public bathrooms, handrails, and seating areas.
Drop Off and Pick up Protocols
- Parents may not leave until they know their student has been approved for admittance.
- Parents/Guardians must arrive for student pick up on time. All students will be required to leave as soon as class ends.
Hygiene and Prevention
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains 60- 95% alcohol to disinfect your hands.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze (or use the inside of your elbow if no tissue is available). Immediately throw out the used tissue and then wash your hands with soap and water or an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Do not touch your face, eyes, nose, and mouth, especially with unwashed hands.
- Properly store and, when necessary, discard PPE.
CPYB will respect the privacy and confidentiality of any student who reports an illness. Please be aware that due to the seriousness of exposure to COVID-19, CPYB may need to inform others who came in close proximity to an infected student, without identifying the student by name. CPYB also may be required to notify governmental authorities, including the public health department.
Compliance with Safety Protocols
Students who fail to comply with the safety protocols or who engage in conduct that threatens the health or safety of their fellow students or our members will be disciplined.
Modification: CPYB reserves the right to modify the terms of this document if necessary, for business needs, because of medical developments, to comply with applicable law, or because of changes in the information available regarding the control and treatment of COVID-19.
Questions or Concerns?
We are all responsible for our safe workplace and we appreciate the cooperation of all our students and parents to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. We will continue to closely monitor the situation and provide updates as needed. Any parent or guardian who have questions concerning these new safety procedures and policies, or have concerns regarding workplace safety, should contact the school office at 717-601-2840 or send us a message today.