Apply and Tuition
Application and tuition information for 2021 coming soon.
Applications are received and reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis until the program is filled. To be eligible for the best rates, you must apply by the stated deadlines.
Acceptance into CPYB’s 5-Week Summer Ballet Program begins with completion of the online application form, including submission of the three required photographs (cell phone photos with good clarity are welcome):
- Photo #1: Headshot — close up, full face, with hair up
- Photo #2: Croise fourth in releve
- Photo #3: Attitude derriere efface
For photos, females should be in leotard, light-colored tights and en pointe if appropriate. Males should be in tights, white t-shirt and ballet shoes.
In addition to tuition, CPYB will charge a $55 security fee and an application fee of $85.
Notification of acceptance: Applicants are typically notified within five business days regarding the status of their application.
Note on Electronic Fee Payment Information and Payment Dates: The $85 application fee is processed at the time that you submit your online application. Once you have been accepted into the program, you will receive an e-mail with instructions to confirm your place in the program. Tuition and a $55 security fee will be collected on the scheduled payment dates provided at the time of commitment.
A Note About Our 2021 5-Week Summer Ballet Program
CPYB’s intent is to hold an in-person, 5-Week Summer Ballet Program in summer of 2021. We are preparing to operate our 2021 summer programs with rigorous health and safety guidelines in place.
Our plans will continue to evolve in the coming months and are dependent upon updates to public health policies. Please continue to check back as updates will be made according to the latest available information and CDC requirements. CPYB is excited to help you advance your training this coming summer!
“My daughter just completed the CPYB summer intensive. The program exceeded her expectations. She loved the intense focus on ballet technique and appreciated the non-competitive atmosphere of CPYB. She had many favorite teachers and made lots of new friends. The program was worth every penny, and I would highly recommend it to any young dancer who loves ballet and wants to strengthen their technique. “
“Claire finally got to Maine this evening after a cancelled flight and a long day of traveling. She has had the best of her three years at CPYB this summer. I appreciate your patience with all my e-mails and I thank you for all your efforts on behalf of the dancers. “
“We had a wonderful weekend checking in Jeordan, enjoying the amazing “June Series” performances, and learning all about the wonderful CPYB program that has far exceeded our very highly set expectations–we are thrilled to have Jeordan there!!”
If the full payment of tuition and/or any other CPYB 5-Week Summer Ballet Program fees along with all required forms and materials are not received by the stated deadlines, the student will be placed on a waiting list.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to notify their financial institution regarding limits on their account or fraud prevention. Transactions declined for any reason incur a $35 declined transaction fee. ONLY if a letter from the financial institution stating the account was closed due to fraud is provided within 48 hours prior to the payment being processed will the $35 declined transaction fee be waived.
For students who reserved their place in the 2020 program prior to May 15, 2020 and opt to remain enrolled for the online program, any outstanding tuition must be paid in full by the first day of classes, June 22, 2020.
New applicants who are accepted into the program after May 15, 2020 must reserve their place in the 2020 5-Week Summer Ballet Program by 11:59 p.m. on June 15, 2020. Tuition will be processed in full on the first day of classes, June 22, 2020.
Central Pennsylvania Youth Ballet must receive written notice of a student withdrawing from the 2020 5-Week Summer Ballet Program through an official withdrawal form. The Parent or Guardian will be responsible for all tuition payments due until this written notice of withdrawal is received. Verbal notification of withdrawal will not be accepted. Withdrawal forms can be requested by emailing email@example.com.
Refund and Deferment Policy
As of May 21, 2020, the following refund options are available for students who reserved their place in the 2020 5-Week Summer Ballet Program prior to March 31, 2020. All refunds will be processed to the original form of payment through the Family Portal. Central Pennsylvania Youth Ballet must receive your refund or deferment option in writing through the appropriate form. Forms were provided in the May 21, 2020 email. To request a form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2020 Room and Board:
- Refund Option: Payments made for room and board, the activities fee and the health & wellness fee for the 2020 5-Week Summer Ballet Program will be refunded in full. Refunds will be processed 30-45 days following the May 15, 2020 announcement.
- Deferment Option: Payments made for room and board, the activities fee and the health & wellness fee for the 2020 5-Week Summer Ballet Program may be deferred in full to the 2021 5-Week Summer Ballet Program. Credits will be applied to your Family Portal account within 60 days of your request.
- Partial Deferment or Refund Option: If a student opts to remain enrolled in the 2020 online program at the discounted tuition, a deferment or refund may be requested, less the discounted tuition rate for the online program as selected in their Program Confirmation form. Refunds will be processed 30-45 days following submission of the Program Confirmation form. Deferments are for the 2021 5-Week Summer Ballet Program and a credit will be applied to your Family Portal account within 60 days of your request.
- Full Refund Option: Payments made for tuition are refundable in full, including the $355 deposit and security fee, if a student withdraws from the 2020 program following the Withdrawal Policy outlined above. Refunds will be processed 30-45 days following the submission of the written withdrawal.
- Full Deferment Option: If a student withdraws from the 2020 program, payments made for tuition for the 2020 5-Week Summer Ballet Program, including the $355 deposit and security fee, may be deferred in full to the 2021 5-Week Summer Ballet Program. Credits will be applied to your Family Portal account within 60 days of your request.
After the 5-Week Summer Ballet Program has started, students who withdraw from the program have the option for a pro-rated deferral of tuition to the 2021 5-Week Summer Ballet Program. An official withdrawal from the program must be submitted following the Withdrawal Policy above. The $55 security fee is non-refundable.
CPYB offers a limited number of scholarships. Scholarships are awarded at the discretion of the scholarship committee. Scholarship applications for 2021 will be available soon.